Everything You Need To Know About Visiting Grévin Museum Paris
A 19th-century masterpiece located in the heart of Paris, the Grevin Museum promises to offer an unforgettable experience to everyone who is interested in art, culture, and entertainment. It has an impressive collection of over 300 wax figures of some of the most famous artists, musicians, philosophers, and key historical figures.
Read on to learn the best way to get there, the best time to visit, and all the useful information you need before you plan a trip to the Grevin Museum.
Grevin Museum | Visitor Information At A Glance
- What are the Grevin Museum timings?
The Grevin Museum opens from 10 AM until 6 PM on weekdays and from 9 AM until 7 PM on the weekends. The timings may vary on public holidays, festivals, and other special events.
- Where is the Grevin Museum located?
The Grevin Museum is located in France’s capital city, Paris. It is on the Grands Boulevards on the banks of the river Seine.
- How many visitors does Grevin Museum see every year?
Around 0.8 to 1 million people visit the Grevin Museum every year.
- Does Grevin Museum have parking facilities?
Unfortunately, Grevin Museum does not have parking facilities of its own. However, there are several public car parking facilities available close to the Grevin Museum.
- What is the best time to visit the Grevin Museum?
The best time of the year to visit the Grevin Museum is during the winter from December to February if you are looking to avoid the crowd. The best time of the week to visit the Grevin Museum is generally during the weekdays when it is relatively less crowded than on weekends.
Grevin Museum Timings
General Opening Hours
The Grevin Museum is open throughout the year from 10 AM to 6 PM on weekdays and from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekends. However, the opening hours may differ on special occasions and festivals, which is why it is a good idea to find out this information before you plan a trip to the Grevin Museum.
Duration of visit
Visitors should spend around 1.5 to 2 hours at the Grevin Museum to soak in the museum’s vibe and explore the multiple interactive exhibits.
Best Time To Visit Grevin Museum
- Weekend vs Weekday
The weekdays are an ideal time to visit the Grevin Museum as there is less rush compared to the weekends. Besides, you can explore the museum at your own pace instead of speeding through the experience when crowd levels are higher.
- Best Time In The Year
Winter is the best time in the year to visit Grevin Museum as the footfall is usually low due to the cold weather. However, you should visit the museum in summer if you are looking to visit when the weather is pleasant.
- Best Time In The Day
Early morning and late afternoon is the best time in the day to visit the Grevin Museum as it is less crowded compared to other times of the day.
Where Is Grevin Museum Located?
Address: 10 Bd Montmartre, 75009 Paris, France
The Grevin Museum is located in the heart of Paris, in the bustling neighbourhood of Grands Boulevards. It sits on the famous Boulevard Montmartre, just a stone's throw away from the iconic Parisian landmark, the Palais Garnier.
Closest landmark: Opéra Garnier, Galeries Lafayette, and Place Vendôme are the closest landmark.
Getting To The Grevin Museum In Paris
By Public Transport
By Metro: The Grands Boulevards metro station is the closest metro station to the Grevin Museum. Take the metros that run operate on lines 8 and 9 to reach the Grevin Museum.
By Bus: Take the buses that operate on lines 20, 39, 48, 67, 74, 85, and 95 to get to the Grevin Museum. The nearest bus stop to the Grevin Museum is Grands Boulevards.
By Bicycle: The city of Paris offers a bike-sharing service called Velib'. There are several Velib' stations located near the museum, making it easy to cycle to the museum.
Driving to the Grevin Museum is the fastest way to get there, especially during non-peak hours. Besides, since the Grevin Museum is located in the heart of Paris, getting there by road is absolutely hassle-free. It is worth noting that you may have to look for parking since parking facilities are not available at the Grevin Museum. However, there are several paid parking options nearby, like:
- Rex Atrium Parking
- Parking Haussmann Galeries Lafayette
- Parking Saint-Georges
How To Skip Lines at Grevin Museum?
- Visit during: It is a good idea to visit during non-peak hours including morning or late afternoon to avoid long queues at the entrance.
- Book your tickets online: Book your tickets online in advance to skip lines at Grevin Museum.
- Buy a Paris Museum Pass: The Paris Museum Pass grants you entry to more than 50 museums in Paris including the Grevin Museum. You can easily skip the lines at the museum’s entrance with a Paris Museum Pass.
Know Before You Visit Grevin Museum Paris
- Le Comptoir de la Gastronomie: The Le Comptoir de la Gastronomie is an ideal place to enjoy authentic French cuisine with a gastronomic twist. (900 m)
- The Frog and Underground: A sports bar that hosts live screenings and serves a range of iconic bar bites and flavoursome American food. (130 m)
- Bistrot Madame: The Bistroy Madame serves a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes. It is also famous for its cocktails. (220 m)
- La Maison Bleue: A great place to have breakfast and enjoy the famous French croissant. They also serve a range of coffees, sandwiches, salads, and burgers. (1.2 km)
- Terroir & Burger - Bar des Variétés: The restaurant serves a plethora of delicious burgers and an assortment of meat dishes including steak, duck breast, salmon steak, and more. (87 m)
- Budget stays: Premiere Class Plaisir - Gatines (32 km), Green Hôtels Eco Fleury (33 km), Cyan Hotel Roissy Villepinte Parc Des Expositions (20 km), Premiere Classe Saint Brice Sous Forêt (16 km)
- Comfort stays: Best Western Plus Paris Meudon Ermitage (18 km), KYRIAD PARIS EST - Bois de Vincennes (10 km), Residhome Monceau (8 km), KOPSTER Hotel Residence Paris Colombes (16 km)
- Luxury stays: Residhome Paris Rosa Parks (4 km). B&B Hotel Paris Porte Des Lilas (6 km), Hotel Boissiere (5 km), Hotel Sixteen Paris Montrouge (15 km)
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the Grevin Museum.
- Smoking is not prohibited inside the Grevin Museum.
- Large bags and backpacks are not allowed inside the Grevin Museum.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Professional photography is not allowed without prior permission.
- Musee Gourmand du Chocolat: A museum dedicated to the history and production of chocolate, the Musee Gourmand du Chocolat is a ten-minute walk from the Grevin Museum.
- Opera Garnier: One of the most famous opera houses in Paris, the Opera Garnier is a 19th-century opera located very close to the Grevin Museum.
- Passage Jouffroy: The Passage Jouffroy is a one-stop shopping arcade where you will find a wide range of antiques, fashion boutiques, and quaint cafes.
- Grands Boulevard: A renowned shopping and entertainment district of Paris, Grands Boulevard is a famous attraction close to the Grevin Museum.
- Visitors should check out the different interactive shows and experiences at the Grevin Museum including a photo shoot with wax figures and a behind-the-scenes tour.
- It may take several hours to properly visit all the areas of the museum that have been divided into various sections. Planning your trip ahead of time and giving priority to the exhibits that catch your interest can help you make the most out of your visit.
- Do not forget to visit the Hall of Mirrors which has an immersive display of around 3,000 mirrors.
- Download the Grevin Museum application on your smartphone to know more about the exhibits, audio guides, and additional information regarding the museum.
- Try visiting the Grevin Museum early in the morning or late afternoon to avoid large crowds and long queues at the entrance.
Book Your Grevin Museum Paris Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Grevin Museum
Grevin Museum is located in Paris, France on the 9th arrondissement close to the Opera Garnier and the Grands Boulevard.
The Grevin Museum Paris is open for visitors from 10 AM to 6 PM during the weekdays and from 9 AM to 7 PM on the weekends.
The Grevin Museum Paris spans an area of around 2, 400 square meters and has a collection of more than 300 wax figures.
Typically, it takes around 1.5 to 2 hours to fully explore the Grevin Museum Paris.
Best time of the year: Winter months from December to February. Best time of the day: Early morning and afternoon. Best time of the week: Weekdays.
You can get to Grevin Museum Paris by metro or by bus.
Depending on your current location, you can get to Grevin Museum Paris by road by following the directions on Google Maps.
Yes, a visit to the Grevin Museum Paris is worth it if you are into art, entertainment, and culture.
Although there is no age limit to visit the Grevin Museum Paris, it is important to note that children under 14 years must be accompanied by family or a guardian.
Yes, wheelchairs are available at the Grevin Museum Paris.
No, free parking is not available at the Grevin Museum Paris.