How To Skip the Line at the Louvre Museum in Paris?
Capping a total of about 10 million visitors every year, the Louvre Museum is by far the most visited in the world. This means that you can expect huge crowds on your visit. To make sure you don’t end up waiting for hours to get inside, we recommend getting Louvre skip the line tickets. We’ve put together all the information you need including ticket information, tips, and more!
Why You Should Skip the Line at the Louvre Museum?
How to Skip the Line at the Louvre?
Book Skip the Line Tickets
Booking Louvre skip the line tickets is a sure-shot way to enter the museum in as little time as possible. Get priority access into the museum and skip past long ticket lines on your visit. You can spend all that extra time exploring the museum at your own pace.
Get Your Tickets Online
Although you can buy your tickets at the museum itself, we recommend booking them online and in advance. At the museum, there are separate lines to buy the ticket and enter the museum so you’ll save a lot of time if you book them in advance.
Go On a Guided Tour
Guided tours or small group tours by default include skip-the-line access. This is a great way to explore the Louvre Museum because you get two added benefits - priority entrance and an expert tour guide. Learn about the history of the museum and the amazing collection of artworks inside.
Avoid Peak Hours
We recommend visiting the museum on Wednesday or Friday when the museum is open till 9:45 PM. There’s little to no crowd towards the night so you can have a peaceful experience at the museum. If you’re planning on visiting on any other weekday, plan your visit around 3 PM or 5 PM when there are lesser crowds.
Skip the Line vs Guided Tours - Which to Choose?
Skip the Line
- With skip the line tickets, you are guaranteed priority entrance into the Louvre Museum.
- You don’t have to worry about waiting in long ticket queues and simply skip past the crowd straight to the entrance.
- These tickets are definitely worth the few extra bucks since you’ll be saving a lot of time and energy and using them inside the museum instead.
Verdict: Alternatively, you can choose a ticket with skip-the-line access and a tour guide. This is a great option because you don’t have to wait in line to get in and you get to explore the world’s best museum along with an expert guide.
Which Entrance is the Best for Skip the Line Ticket Holders?
- Book your Louvre skip the line tickets online and in advance to secure your spot.
- Your tickets are valid for the whole day so you can really take your time and explore the museum at your own pace.
- Upgrade your tickets to include audio guides for a more wholesome experience, where you can learn about the history and significance of each room and artwork.
- Alternatively, you can opt for a guided tour or small group tour which includes a skip-the-line feature and an expert tour guide.
- Once you book your tickets you get an e-copy of them which you can display at the entrance.
- To enter the museum with your skip-the-line tickets, take the Pyramid entrance. You’ll find two lines here - one for skip-the-line holders and one to book regular tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions About Louvre Skip the Line Tickets
A. While Louvre skip the line tickets don’t include a tour guide, you can book a guided tour which includes a skip the line feature.
A. Booking your tickets online will definitely save you lots of time, however, you will need to purchase a skip the line ticket or guided tour to skip past the crowds.
A. You can upgrade your Louvre skip the line tickets to include audio guides that are available in 9 different languages.