Valentine's Day Paris 2023 | Romantic Things to Do, Handy Tips & More
Top 12 Things to do on Valentine’s Day in Paris
1. Enjoy Panoramic Views of the City
Enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Paris, especially at sunset from romantic spots such as the Eiffel Tower, or the rooftop at the Centre Pompidou.
Check out the best panoramic views of Paris here:
- The Eiffel Tower
- The Rooftop of the Centre Pompidou
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- The Sacré-Cœur Basilica in Montmartre | Find on Map
2. Book a Seine River Cruise
There's no better way to enjoy Paris than from the Seine River. So, consider booking a cruise on the Seine River and take in all the landmarks along the way.
Choose from the top Seine River Cruises:Book Seine River Cruise tickets
3. Take a Walk in the Park
Take the opportunity to appreciate nature in some of Paris’s most beautiful parks and gardens. You can enjoy a romantic picnic amongst the majestic trees.
Explore these beautiful parks in Paris:
- Jardin de Luxembourg | Find on Map
- Jardin des Tuileries | Find on Map
- Parc Monceau | Find on Map
- Parc de Bagatelle | Find on Map
4. Attend the Opera or Ballet
Watching a Show
The opera and the ballet are a historic part of Parisian culture and history, and you can spend a glamorous evening with your partner taking in a show.
Exciting venues for opera and ballet:
- Opéra Bastille | Find on map
- Opera Comique | Find on map
- Palais Garnier | Find on map
- Théâtre des Champs‐Élysées | Find on map
5. Watch a Cabaret Show
Watching a Show
If you love spectacular displays, then you'll enjoy the breathtaking performances of the cabaret shows, which you can enjoy with a glass of champagne.
Visit the best Cabaret shows in Paris:Book Paris Cabaret tickets
6. Visit the Museums of Paris
Arts and Culture
See how love has inspired generations of artists at some of Paris’charming smaller museums and enjoy the masterpieces of art and sculpture.
Visit these romantic museums in Paris:
- Musée de l'Orangerie
- Musée Rodin
- Picasso Museum
- Musée de la Vie Romantique | Find on Map
7. Eat a Delicious Dinner
Paris is famous for its gastronomic excellence and great cuisine, so spend an unforgettable and romantic evening at one of the city’s many great restaurants.
Some of the best Parisian restaurants to try:
- Le Cinq ($$$$) | Find on Map
- Epicure at Le Bristol ($$$) | Find on Map
- Brasserie Gallopin ($$) | Find on Map
- Au Bon Accueil ($$) | Find on Map
- Bouillon Chartier ($) | Find on Map
8. Go on a Chocolate and Pastry Tour
Food Walking Tour
Opt for a fun dessert tour and visit some of Paris’ top chocolate and pastry destinations, especially in the St. Germain neighborhood.
Top pastry destinations in Paris:
9. Enjoy a Private Cooking Class
Food Based Activity
Cooking is a romantic and fun way to spend time with someone you love, and you get to learn how to make scrumptious French goodies like croissants and macarons.
Fun and short cooking workshops to attend:
- Wine-Making at Le Foodist Paris
- Pastry Workshops at Le Cordon Bleu
- French Cooking at the Ecole Ritz Escoffier
- Macaron-Making Workshop at the Galeries Lafayette
10. See a Romantic Movie
Head to an old-school cinema and enjoy watching a romantic movie, either in English (labeled "VO"), or in French (usually labeled "VF").
Iconic old cinemas to check out:
- Cinema Le Balzac | Find on Map
- La Cinémathèque Francaise | Find on Map
- Le Champo | Find on Map
- Le Reflet Medicis | Find on Map
11. Walk Around the City
Walking and Sightseeing
Paris is one of the most walkable cities in the world and you can stroll from one arrondissement to another, and explore the city’s many sights.
Check out the most unique sights in Paris:
- The Bouquinistes lining the Seine River
- The quaint and historical Rue des Barres
- The Wall of Love monument
- The charming hilltop Montmartre district
12. Visit a Chateau in the Loire Valley
Take a quick trip to the countryside in the lovely Loire Valley. With many spectacular fairytale chateaux and natural beauty, it's great for a romantic day trip.
Best Châteaux to visit in the Loire Valley:
Frequently Asked Questions About Valentine’s Day in Paris
We recommend a romantic dinner in Paris with a great view of the Eiffel Tower. One of the most romantic is at the Le Jules Verne restaurant at the Eiffel Tower. It's outside so you can admire the view of Paris for hours.
Enjoy a romantic dinner surrounded by candles and beautiful music, go to a show or a concert, or take a walk along the Seine or St. Martin Canal. You can also rent a boat and go for a romantic cruise on the Seine, visit a museum together, visit a famous monument like the Eiffel Tower, or follow the French tradition and simply spend the day together in bed.
Paris is full of museums that are perfect for art lovers on Valentines’s Day. Visit the Louvre Museum, Orsay Museum, Musée de l'Orangerie, Musée Rodin, Picasso Museum, Musée de la Vie Romantique and more.
Paris is famous for its great cuisine, and you can visit the many great restaurants, or explore the cafes, or chocolate and pasty shops across the city.
There are many sightseeing options in Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Seine River, the Latin Quarter, and much more.
On Valentine's Day in Paris, the best places to eat are Jules Verne, Petrelle, La Grande Cascade, Le Train Bleu, La Bauhinia, Le Cristal Room, Le Murat, etc.
Yes, Paris is as safe as it ever is for all couples on Valentine’s Day.
It is cold and cloudy in February in Paris, though some days can start slightly warm, turning to chilly during the evening.
Paris is a fairly expensive city, but as Valentine's Day does not fall during the peak tourism season, some prices may be lower. Additionally, you can always find less expensive options for dining, etc.
Budget travelers can spend a romantic day walking around and exploring the city’s many sights, having a picnic in a park, watching a movie, and more.
Some of the most romantic hotels to stay in on Valentine's day are Le Meurice, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Le Pavillon de La Reine, Shangri-La, and Le Bristol.