Valentine's Day Paris 2023 | Romantic Things to Do, Handy Tips & More
Top 12 Things to do on Valentine’s Day in Paris
1. Enjoy Panoramic Views of the City
Enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Paris, especially at sunset from romantic spots such as the Eiffel Tower, or the rooftop at the Centre Pompidou.
Check out the best panoramic views of Paris here:
3. Take a Walk in the Park
Take the opportunity to appreciate nature in some of Paris’s most beautiful parks and gardens. You can enjoy a romantic picnic amongst the majestic trees.
Explore these beautiful parks in Paris:
4. Attend the Opera or Ballet
Watching a Show
The opera and the ballet are a historic part of Parisian culture and history, and you can spend a glamorous evening with your partner taking in a show.
Exciting venues for opera and ballet:
6. Visit the Museums of Paris
Arts and Culture
See how love has inspired generations of artists at some of Paris’charming smaller museums and enjoy the masterpieces of art and sculpture.
Visit these romantic museums in Paris:
7. Eat a Delicious Dinner
Paris is famous for its gastronomic excellence and great cuisine, so spend an unforgettable and romantic evening at one of the city’s many great restaurants.
Some of the best Parisian restaurants to try:
9. Enjoy a Private Cooking Class
Food Based Activity
Cooking is a romantic and fun way to spend time with someone you love, and you get to learn how to make scrumptious French goodies like croissants and macarons.
Fun and short cooking workshops to attend:
10. See a Romantic Movie
Head to an old-school cinema and enjoy watching a romantic movie, either in English (labeled "VO"), or in French (usually labeled "VF").
Iconic old cinemas to check out:
11. Walk Around the City
Walking and Sightseeing
Paris is one of the most walkable cities in the world and you can stroll from one arrondissement to another, and explore the city’s many sights.
Check out the most unique sights in Paris:
12. Visit a Chateau in the Loire Valley
Take a quick trip to the countryside in the lovely Loire Valley. With many spectacular fairytale chateaux and natural beauty, it's great for a romantic day trip.
Best Châteaux to visit in the Loire Valley:
Valentine’s Day Tips & Hacks in Paris
- Make Reservations in Advance: If you wish to enjoy a romantic dinner or watch a show on Valentine’s day, be sure to book well in advance, as there's likely to be stiff competition for tables or tickets.
- Dress Warmly: February in Paris can get quite cold, with rain and even a few days of snow, so bring a lot of layers to stay warm.
- Dine Indoors: Outdoor dining may be challenging at this time of year, so try to opt for indoor dining options when making your Valentine's Day plans.
- Smaller Crowds: Since Valentine’s Day does not fall during the peak tourist season in Prais, there are likely to be fewer crowds and shorter queues to museums and other attractions.
- Some Attractions are Closed: However, the low season means that many attractions may be closed or open for limited hours, so be sure to check in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Valentine’s Day in Paris
Enjoy a romantic dinner surrounded by candles and beautiful music, go to a show or a concert, or take a walk along the Seine or St. Martin Canal. You can also rent a boat and go for a romantic cruise on the Seine, visit a museum together, visit a famous monument like the Eiffel Tower, or follow the French tradition and simply spend the day together in bed.
Paris is famous for its great cuisine, and you can visit the many great restaurants, or explore the cafes, or chocolate and pasty shops across the city.
On Valentine's Day in Paris, the best places to eat are Jules Verne, Petrelle, La Grande Cascade, Le Train Bleu, La Bauhinia, Le Cristal Room, Le Murat, etc.
Yes, Paris is as safe as it ever is for all couples on Valentine’s Day.
It is cold and cloudy in February in Paris, though some days can start slightly warm, turning to chilly during the evening.
Paris is a fairly expensive city, but as Valentine's Day does not fall during the peak tourism season, some prices may be lower. Additionally, you can always find less expensive options for dining, etc.
Budget travelers can spend a romantic day walking around and exploring the city’s many sights, having a picnic in a park, watching a movie, and more.
Some of the most romantic hotels to stay in on Valentine's day are Le Meurice, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Le Pavillon de La Reine, Shangri-La, and Le Bristol.