A Guide to Visiting Paris in October 2022 | Attractions, Weather & Museums
One of the most romantic cities in the world, Paris is home to numerous fun and interesting attractions. With its cobbled pathways, gorgeous architecture, quaint cafes, and beautiful attractions, a trip to Paris is nothing short of a fairytale story. From the majestic Eiffel Tower to the entertaining Disneyland, there is a lot to do in Paris in October. Yes, the weather is slightly cold this month but there are many attractions you can still enjoy here. If you are planning a visit to Paris in October, then here is everything you need to know!
Is October a Good Time to Visit Paris?
Paris in October weather is perfect as it is neither too warm nor too cold. Moreover, this is the least rainy month to visit Paris and the autumn colors make everything in the city more beautiful and romantic.
Why You Should Visit
- October is the best time to visit Paris as the weather is cool and pleasant.
- It is a great time to check out the cafes and stroll around the city to enjoy the autumn vibes.
- Fewer tourists in the city allow you to enjoy the attractions peacefully.
- Flight and hotel fares are cheaper this month.
- Fewer chances of rainfall during this month.
What to Look Out For
- The weather is cold, especially at night.
- Difficult to enjoy outdoor attractions and activities.
- Fewer hours of sunshine in a day.
Overview of Weather in Paris in Ocotber
Paris experiences an oceanic climate that is moderately wet throughout the year. Paris in October weather is a good mixture of cold and wet with average temperatures at a maximum high of 14° C and a maximum low of 9° C. At the end of the month, the temperature can further drop down between 10° C to 2° C. Moreover, there are fewer chances of rainfall this month so, visitors can enjoy cool and mostly dry weather.
- Average Temperature: High - 14° C | Low - 9° C
- Average Rainfall: 24 mm with approximately 11.5 days of rainfall
- Daily Wind Speed: 7.3 mph. Light breeze
- Temperature of the sea: 18° C
More About Weather in Paris in October
How hot is Paris in October?
Paris in October weather is mild and moderately wet with an average temperature high of 14°C and an average temperature low of 9°C.
Can You Swim in Paris in October?
The average water temperature in Paris in October is 18°C which can be slightly cold for swimming.
Does it rain in Paris in October?
Yes, it rains occasionally in Paris in October. On average, there are 11.5 rainy days in October.
Is Paris Windy in October?
No. The average wind speeds reach up to 7.3 mph in Paris, which results in only a light breeze.
Best Things to do in Paris in Ocotber
7. Watch a Cabaret
Live Show | Entertainment
Paris is quite popular for its cabaret dances which include vibrant dances, colorful costumes, and amazing effects. Enjoy these stunning performances while you eat some delicious French cuisines.
8. Notre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral is a huge, Roman Catholic cathedral in Paris that features Gothic architecture. One of the main highlights of this cathedral is its domed roof that visitors can learn more about on a guided tour of this attraction.
October Timings: Daily from 8:00 AM – 6:45 PM
Festivals in Paris in October
Events in Paris in October
Know Before You Visit Paris in October
What to Wear in Paris in October
- Paris in October is slightly cold and wet so, it is advisable to pack warm clothes, sweaters, and jackets.
- Visitors can carry trousers, jeans, warmers, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, light jackets, shorts, etc. to wear in Paris.
- Don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes when you are walking and exploring the city.
- Carry a jacket at all times as it can be quite cold in a few places.
- Keep an umbrella with you for occasional rainfall.
What to Pack in Paris in October
- Power Adapter: Type C and E plug.
- Clothes: Trousers, Jeans, Shorts, t-shirts, jackets, sweaters, etc.
- Comfortable shoes
- An umbrella for rainfall.
- A small daypack to carry when exploring the city.
Getting Around Paris in October
By Metro – One of the most efficient ways to travel around Paris is by using a metro. There is good metro connectivity both inside the city and further outside Paris.
By RER and Tram – For traveling deep into the suburbs, RER and trams are a great choice. They are cheap and will help you reach your desired stop inside Paris.
By Bus – Another reliable option for traveling around Paris is the bus. There are both day and night buses available that connect different locations in the city.
By Cab – One of the most expensive modes of transport in Paris is a cab. However, if you are in a hurry then it is a good option. Do remember that it is only possible to hire a taxi in Paris from the nearby taxi stand.
Where to Stay in Paris in October
Since Paris is a popular tourist city, there are different kinds of accommodation available for different budgets. Here are a few of the best choices of hotels that you can check out:
Budget Hotels: Paris Hotel, Joe & Joe Paris, Hotel Darcet, Le Bellevue, ibis Styles Puteaux Paris La Defense
Mid-Range: Maison Barbes, Mercure Hotel, Hotel MINERVE, Eden Opera Paris Hotel, XO Hotel Paris
Luxury Hotels: Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, Courtyard by Mariott Paris Gare de Lyon, Hilton Paris Opera, Paris Mariott Opera Ambassador Hotel
What to eat in Paris in October
If you're looking for a good place to eat, Paris is the place to be. There are restaurants of all types and price ranges, so you're sure to find something that suits your taste.
Macarons – One of the most popular sweet dishes to try in Paris is the macarons. These fluffy, colorful, bite-sized snacks can be found in pastry shops and come in a variety of flavors. From raspberry to salted caramel, you can find macarons in different flavors. Where to Eat: Laduree
Croissant – For breakfast or light snacks, Croissant is a popular choice in Paris. It is light and fluffy and tastes amazing with butter or other toppings. The best part is that this is available in other flavors apart from the plain version. Where to Eat: Des Gâteaux et du Pain
Hacks & Tips to Visit Paris in October
- October is one of the cooler months to visit Paris so, be sure to carry an umbrella and a sweater/jacket.
- Autumn is the best time to enjoy cafes in Paris, especially the hot chocolate here.
- For budget travelers, Paris City Pass is the best way to explore the city as you gain access to around 50 attractions with this pass.
- If you are short on time, then take a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour to explore Paris in October.
- You can get amazing deals and discounts on flights and hotels if you plan ahead.
- Book your tickets in advance for the attractions in Paris and skip the long queues.
- Attend the famous Montmartre Wine Harvest Festival in Paris in October where you will be able to try local food, wine, and enjoy fireworks and performances.
- Be careful when traveling around Paris as petty theft is quite common.
- Always reserve a table at a restaurant in advance if you plan to eat out.
All Your Questions About Visiting Paris in October Answered
If you are traveling to Paris in October with kids, then Disneyland, Eiffel Tower, Parc Asterix, etc. are a few best things to do with them.
Yes, October is mildly cold but pleasant with average temperatures ranging between a high of 14°C and a low of 9°C.
Yes, you can swim in open swimming pools in Paris in October but the water will be cold with an average temperature of 18°C.
Yes, Paris experiences mostly sunny days and less amount of rainfall in October.
October is a cool and pleasant month to visit Paris with an average temperature high of 14°C. This is why visitors are advised to pack summer clothes and winter clothes for their visit including shorts, dresses, sweaters, jackets, and so on. Wear comfortable shoes to walk around the city on your vacation.
Yes, Paris experiences a moderately wet climate in October with 11.5 rainy days.
Yes, Paris is a slightly expensive place to visit. However, if you plan a trip in October, then you can get discounts and good deals on the flights and hotels here as this are the off-season in Paris.
Paris is extremely safe to visit but petty crimes and thefts are possible anywhere. This is why tourists are advised to be vigilant and not leave their belongings unattended.
The average high temperature in Paris in October is 14°C and the average low is 9°C.
Montmartre Wine Harvest Festival and Disneyland Halloween Festival are the few main festivals to attend in Paris in October.
There are many major events to check out in Paris in October such as Paris Fashion Week, Salon d'Automne (Fall Art Show), Nuit Blanche, Jazz Sur Seine 2022, FIAC - International Contemporary Art Fair, and so on.