A Guide to Visiting Paris in April | Attractions, Weather & Museums
Paris is more than simply France's capital; it's also the fashion capital and the city of love. Located in northern France along the Seine River, Paris is widely regarded as the most beautiful and romantic city on the planet. It is brimming with culture, history, landmark architecture, artistic treasures, delectable cuisine, and cutting-edge fashion. The most charming city in Europe is not to be ignored in any particular month, but April is one of the best times to be in the city because of the plentiful activities that you can undertake on the trip. Read on to know more about visiting Paris in April.
Is April a Good Time to Visit Paris?
Cherry blossoms, extended hours of daylight, and a higher temperature reading: April is unquestionably one of the greatest months to visit Paris, and not just because the crowds are lighter than in the summer and everything is open. This is one of the first months of higher tourist footfall, but it is still possible to move about freely in Paris in April.
Why You Should Visit
- One of the best reasons to visit Paris in April is the sense of warmth in the air.
- In April, Paris still has some wiggle room for tourists. Late April is when the high season begins. For most of the month, you may enjoy a relatively empty Paris.
- To take advantage of the change in weather, there are several shows and events taking place in Paris in April.
- After the winter season, walking about the City of Lights is considerably more enjoyable in April.
- Many of the attractions that open sporadically due to the weather in the winter are now open.
What to Look Out For
- The hotel and flight rates are not available at discounts anymore in April as the weather changes for good in Paris.
- In April, remaining out late at night in Paris might be a risky proposition because the city gets colder at night.
- Packing for a trip to Paris in April can be tricky because you'll need to carry both light and warm clothing to deal with the unpredictable weather.
- There are occasional thunderstorms in Paris in April which can derail your travel plans.
- In April, there will be more people in Paris trying to take advantage of the dwindling low tourist season, which may detract from your experience.
Overview of Weather in Paris in April
In April, Paris is in the midst of the spring season, with pleasant weather throughout the month. The cloud cover is lower, however, there is a higher chance of rain in April than in March. The days are longer in Paris in April.
Average Temperature: 10℃ to 17℃
Average Rainfall: 20 mm, 12 Rainy days (Very unlikely to see snow)
More About Weather in Paris in April
The month of April is a great time to be in Paris because of the warm weather and the blossoming gardens all around the city. The cloud cover is lower but there are more rainy days this month.
How hot is Paris in April?
Paris begins to warm up in April. As the month progresses, the Spring really begins to show its true colors, with average high temperatures of approximately 17°C and low temperatures of around 10°C.
Does it rain in Paris in April?
The probabilities of rain in Paris are significant for about 12 days in April. Because the cloud cover in April is much lower than in March, clear skies will be much more common. In April, the chances of snow are exceedingly minimal.
Is Paris windy in April?
Paris in April experiences a steady breeze at a speed of about 12 miles an hour.
Best Things to do in Paris in April
9. Basilique du Sacré-Cœur
Sacré-Cœur is a symbol of the past conflict between the conservative Catholic old guard and the secular, republican radicals, which began in 1875 in the wake of the Franco-Prussian War and the turmoil of the Paris Commune. From the musicians performing on the steps to the picnickers on the hillside park, visiting Sacré-Cœur is an unforgettable experience especially in the spring season.
6 AM to 10:30 PM
10. Jardin des Tuileries
The whole point of visiting the French capital in April is to go to as many gardens as possible. Jardin des Tuileries must make it to your April itinerary. The formal 28-hectare Tuileries Garden, which begins just west of the Jardin du Carrousel and is filled with fountains, ponds, and sculptures, was planned out in its current shape in 1664 by André Le Nôtre, architect of the gardens of Versailles.
11. Notre Dame Cathedral
Historic Cathedral | Learning Experience
Despite the fact that its interior is inaccessible to visitors following the April 2019 fire, this gem of French Gothic architecture remains the city's geographic and spiritual core. Its majestic appearance, complete with two towering towers and flying buttresses, continues to entice innumerable visitors. Its mystical beauty is accentuated by the great weather during this time of the year.
Festivals in Paris in April
Easter in Paris
Venue: Throughout Paris
Easter in Paris is the greatest time to see the city through the eyes of a Parisian. On Easter weekend, Paris comes alive with activities ranging from Easter egg hunts at the Eiffel Tower to Easter performances at cathedrals such as Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame Cathedral. Restaurants start serving special Easter Brunches and Dinners, and retailers sell the most sumptuous baked goods and chocolates.
Venue: Marais district
Dates: Late April
Passover, also known as Pesach, is a Jewish celebration commemorating the emancipation of the Jews from slavery and the establishment of the state of Israel. The seven-day event is also a spring festival associated with the barley harvest. The Marais district of Paris boasts a vibrant Jewish community where you can eat Kosher food, and the Paris Museum of Jewish Arts and History is an excellent site to learn about the city's Jewish history.
Paris Foire du Trone
Venue: Pl. de la Nation
Dates: March to May
The Paris Foire du Trone, or 'Fair of the Throne,' is a custom that dates back to the 10th century and is still going strong today. This mobile fair is distinguished from other amusement parks in Paris for its family-friendly and economical entertainment. The Fair features everything a traditional yet trendy entertainment avenue needs, from street food booths to exhilarating rides like rollercoasters!
Events in Paris in April
Know Before You Visit Paris in April
What to Wear in Paris in April
- A sturdy waterproof coat should suffice on wet days.
- For a nighttime stroll, good walking footwear, a light night jacket, or a windcheater will be useful.
- Because April includes warm days with no breeze, you'll need to dress in breathable clothing. If the weather changes, as it often does in this month, throw on a light jacket.
What to Pack in Paris in April
- It's a good idea to bring an umbrella in April because rain is a possibility.
- Sunglasses are also recommended because the sun can be very bright.
- Moving around and visiting the sights necessitates the use of comfortable walking shoes.
- A type E or type C plug would suffice in Paris.
- Bring a bag with plenty of compartments to keep all of your belongings organized during the day.
- A vacation in April requires both waterproof and breathable clothing.
Getting Around Paris in April
- By Train: All six zones in the greater Paris area have suburban fast transport lines. These RER trains also intersect metro lines, providing tourists to Paris with a comprehensive transportation system.
- By Metro: The Métro is a fast and efficient method of transportation that can take you anywhere within Paris' city limits, and occasionally even further.
- By Bus: Buses in Paris are less dependable, but they still offer a good service and cover a huge portion of the city. You can take the Noctilien bus late at night.
- On Foot: If the weather is nice, you may also take a walk around the city and see a lot of it.
Where to Stay in Paris in April
Paris is notorious for its accommodation prices and as the volume of tourists grows in the city, so do the rates of hotels. You may have to opt for accommodation a little farther away from the city center to fit your budget. Here are some options that you can consider based on your budget:
What to eat in Paris in April
Food is the way that you can know a culture, wherever you go. Paris has made efforts to include the gastronomy of every culture within the city limits. Here are some of the dishes that Paris has to offer in April:
Salad Nicoise: A spring salad is a chef's dream, especially in April in Paris, when the markets are brimming with the best of the year's fresh fruit.
Ratatouille: Ratatouille is the dish to order if you want a healthy dose of fresh spring vegetables. This baked dish is a French classic, made with a variety of vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
Spinach Souffle: The air-filled puffiness Soufflés are a tasty treat at any time of year. The spinach soufflé is a delightful summer recipe that uses the goodness of spring spinach.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Paris in April
- The Spring season’s arrival in Paris brings with it an influx of tourists. If you want to visit Paris in April, you have to secure your bookings early.
- Don’t forget to stroll through the many parks of Paris in April as the natural beauty of the city this month is unbelievable.
- Because the weather in Paris in April is uncertain, do as much research as possible about the weather, but pack light and heavy clothing for your trip.
- April is a great time to walk around Paris and explore the city on foot.
- Beware of the thunderstorms that are not unheard of in April. Use the covered passages of the city to get to your destination.
- Enquire about the dates of Rhum Fest Paris before going. This rum festival is worth going to Paris if you are interested.
All Your Questions About Visiting Paris in April Answered
Yes, April is a good time to visit Paris.
Some of the best things to do in Paris in April include visiting streetside cafés for hot beverages, enjoying a stroll in one of the many gardens of the city, sailing on the river Seine and watching the city in Spring.
No, Paris isn’t too cold in April with low temperatures of around 10°C.
Paris isn’t too hot at all in April with high temperatures of around 17°C.
No, it is still too early to swim in Paris in April unless you go to a heated indoor pool.
Yes, there are quite a few sunny days in Paris in April.
A sturdy waterproof coat must be worn on rainy days. For a nighttime stroll, good walking footwear, a light night jacket, or a windcheater will be useful. Because April includes warm days with no breeze, you'll need to dress in breathable clothing. If the weather changes, as it often does this month, throw on a light jacket.
Yes, Paris in April can be a bit rainy.
Yes, Paris is relatively expensive.
Pickpocketing and other forms of street crime are known to happen, but Paris is otherwise fairly safe.
You can visit the Eiffel Tower, Palace of Versailles, Jardin des Tuileries, and many other Paris landmarks in April.
Major events in Paris in April include Gout de France, Paris Marathon, and the Art Paris Art Fair.
The average temperature in Paris in April is between 10℃ and 17℃.
Grévin Wax Museum, Parc Asterix, and Disneyland Paris are all great places for kids to explore.
The main festivals in Paris in April are Paris Foire du Trone, Passover, and Easter.
The main events in Paris in April include The Paris Color Run, PAD Paris Art and Design Fair, and Poisson d'Avril.