Find Out All You Need To Know About Disneyland Paris | A Magical Wonderland Near the City of Love
What is Disneyland Paris?
Disneyland Paris is an immersive experience beyond the typical tourist attraction. It's a timeless realm, where real life gives way to the fantastical. Ask yourself this: when you were a kid, did you ever wish you could step into a movie and meet real-life princes and princesses? Put an end to daydreaming and encounter the magic unfolding in front of your own eyes.
Disneyland Paris is great for more than just family outings. Its two theme parks include fantastic rides, attractions, shows and every detail has been meticulously attended to. The interior design accurately depicts the atmosphere of an American animation studio, and the range of products and services it provides appeals to customers of all ages.
The beautiful Sleeping Beauty Mansion and other Disneyland Park attractions honour beloved Disney classics. In Walt Disney Studios Park, the cinematic universe is the primary emphasis, with animation being the medium of choice. Ride the roller coaster themed to the film Ratatouille and join the crew in the Finding Nemo–themed "Crush's Coaster". Before you go to Disneyland Paris for a day of fun, read up on all the park has to offer in this handy guide.
Quick Facts About Disneyland Paris
- Official name - Disneyland Paris
- Original name - Euro Disney
- Date of opening - 12 April 1992
- Location - Chessy, in France, 32 km east of Paris
- Owned by - The Walt Disney Company
- Operated by - Disney Parks International
- No. of visitors per year - 14.99 million visitors per year approximately
- No. of rides and attractions - 50
- Theme park area - spans approximately 22.3 km²
Why is Disneyland Paris a Must-Visit?
- Something for Everyone! Disney World is a great place to take a break, not only for the kids but for the adults as well!
- Do not miss the night show: The evening or night show is the highlight of the amusement park. Every year, thousands of people come for the express purpose of seeing the night performance.
- The amusing rides: Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Tower of Terror are just a few examples of the amazing rides in Disneyland Paris.
- The spectacular lights: Disney has produced a brand-new, spectacular spectacle with state-of-the-art visual effects including pyrotechnics and projected light shows.
- Visit 2 parks in one day: With little planning, you can experience the best in a single visit. If you plan ahead and know which rides and events you wish to see, you can get a lot done in one day at both parks.
Plan Your Visit to Disneyland Paris
What’s Inside Disneyland Paris?
Twenty miles northeast of Paris is where you'll find Disneyland Paris, near Chessy. Its two theme parks, Walt Disney Studios and Disneyland Park are just across from one another, transporting you to a wondrous and fanciful world with its rides and attractions. Read ahead to find out what's inside this magical land.
What To Do At Disneyland Paris?
Brief History of Disneyland Paris
The success of Disneyland in California sparked plans for a similar theme park in Europe called Euro Disney in 1966. At the time, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Milan and regions in Spain too were potential locations for a Disney theme park. Finally, the selection of Marne-la-Vallée was influenced by its proximity to Paris and its central location in all of western Europe.
Decisions for the Paris Disneyland complex included 5,200 Disney-owned hotel rooms with exclusive American themes in each of the hotels. The fear of unhealthy American consumerism being promoted in France through the establishment of Disneyland, Euro Disney faced denunciation and protests from French critics and farmers. Regulations for employment of staff in Euro Disney were also not received well by the Fench Labour Unions.
Despite all the controversies and obstacles, Disney opened Euro Disney Resort and its first theme park, Euro Disneyland in April 1992. Not soon after, Euro Disney faced financial and employment difficulties due to the European recession but was able to bounce back with a rebranding of Euro Disneyland as Disneyland Paris in 1994 as well as reporting its first quarterly profits. in July 1995. In 2002, the second change of name, Disneyland Resort Paris, was brought into effect and the second theme park, Walt Disney Studios Park came into existence with several expansion projects in the following years. After a temporary shutdown of Disneyland Paris in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the resort and parks are back in action since June 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions About Disneyland Paris
A. Disneyland Paris is located around 32 km from the French capital, close to the town of Chessy.
A. Disneyland Paris is famous for bringing the Disney magic to life with a French touch. It is a must for every Disney, Pixar, or Star Wars fan. A first-ever 4D presentation of "Ratatouille: The Adventure" is also available there.
A. Tickets to Disneyland Paris start at only €62.
A. Disneyland Paris was designed and constructed by Walt Disney Imagineering.
A. The Walt Disney company owns the park.
A. Disneyland Paris opened its gates to visitors in 1992.
A. To escape the crowds, we advise going to Disneyland Paris during the week.
A. Your trip to Paris Disneyland will be one you'll never forget if you're a die-hard Disney fan!
A. In order to see everything at Disneyland Paris, you need to plan on spending at least a couple of days there. Staying at Disneyland Paris hotels for two nights is a great option for anyone planning a vacation.