A Guide to Visiting Paris in June 2022 | Attractions, Weather & Museums
The French capital appears to have been built with the satisfaction of its visitors in mind. Its streets, squares, houses, parks, and monuments all entice visitors to come back, and many do. After London, Paris is Europe's second most visited city in terms of tourism. Like most other European cities, Paris’s high tourism season also primarily is in the summer months. Due to the exceptional weather in the city and the variety of activities available, June is one of the best months to visit. Continue reading to find out more about June in Paris.
Is June a Good Time to Visit Paris?
Paris in June is just as lovely as it sounds, marking the start of summer and one of the best periods to enjoy the early warm weather. If you're considering a trip to the French capital this month, you're in for a treat. You won't find the crowds of July, but you will find the long days of summertime.
Why You Should Visit
- June marks the beginning of the summer season in Paris and this is by the admission of many the best time to be in Paris in terms of favorable weather.
- Because of the cooler temperatures, sightseeing in the evening is absolutely delightful.
- It's a perfect time to go to outdoor events like concerts in Paris because of the warmth and cool air.
- Paris in June is ideal for a day trip outside the city, as the lesser-known places are still deserted.
- Due to the additional hours of daylight, several Paris attractions begin to extend their operating hours.
What to Look Out For
- Hotel and flight tickets are no longer reduced when the temperature in Paris begins to increase in June.
- In June, Paris has thunderstorms, which may cause your holiday plans to be thwarted.
- More people will be visiting Paris in June, which may impact your enjoyment.
- If you want to skip the lines at various attractions, you'll have to spend a bit more money on skip-the-line tickets.
- You might have to span out of the center of the city to secure accommodation within your budget this month.
Overview of Weather in Paris in June
More About Weather in Paris in June
In June, the days are longer and the sun is higher in the sky. Though rain is always a possibility, the weather in Paris in June is usually pleasant, making sightseeing in the French city even more enjoyable. For those days when the temperature rises, you'll also want to bring sunscreen and hats.
How hot is Paris in June?
In June, Paris is hot during the day. The mercury continues to rise as the month passes, with typical high temperatures of around 22°C and low temperatures of about 15°C.
Does it rain in Paris in June?
In June, there is a good possibility of rain in Paris for about 7 days. Because of the lower cloud cover in June, clear skies will be significantly more common than in May. In June, the chances of snow are practically nonexistent.
Is Paris windy in June?
In June, a steady pleasant breeze blows at a speed of roughly 12 miles per hour through Paris.
Best Things to do in Paris in June
7. Jardin du Luxembourg
Napoléon dedicated the Luxembourg Gardens' 23 finely laid-out hectares to the kids of Paris. Hundreds of apple varieties grow in orchards to the south of the gardens, and bees have been producing honey in the adjacent Rucher du Luxembourg since the 19th century. This is one of the nicest spots to visit in June in Paris, especially if you want to take advantage of the summer warmth.
12. Cimetière du Père Lachaise
Père Lachaise, which first opened its doors in 1804, is the world's most visited cemetery. There are 70,000 exquisite graves of the wealthy and renowned in its 44-hectare sculpture landscape. Among the highlights are the likes of Jim Morrison, a 1960s rock musician, and Oscar Wilde, a writer. Chopin the composer, Molière the playwright, Simone Signoret the actress, and Isadora Duncan the dancer are just a few of the notables whose tombs can be found here.
8 AM to 5:30 PM
Festivals in Paris in June
Venue: Throughout Paris
A lesser-known fact is that retail sales in France are actually controlled by the government. Therefore, there are only two authorized sales in Paris throughout the year. One in the winter, and the other in the summer and usually in June. This is a great opportunity for the visitors to stock up on all kinds of commodities, including everyday goods to designer bags and clothing.
Events in Paris in June
Know Before You Visit Paris in June
What to Wear in Paris in June
- A robust waterproof coat should suffice on wet days.
- For a nocturnal stroll, a decent set of sneakers, a light night sweater, or a scarf will be useful.
- Because June brings scorching days with no breeze, you'll need to dress in breezy attire. If the weather changes, as it often does this month, put on a light jacket.
What to Pack in Paris in June
- It's a good idea to bring an umbrella with you in June because rain is a possibility.
- Sunglasses are also recommended because the sun can be very bright. If you want to spend most of your time outdoors on your trip, you should also bring sunscreen.
- Moving around and visiting the sights necessitates the use of comfortable walking shoes.
- A type E or type C plug would suffice in Paris.
- Bring a multi-compartment day bag to keep all of your belongings organized.
- A June trip requires both waterproof and breathable clothing.
Getting Around Paris in June
- By Train: In the greater Paris area, quick suburban transit is available in all six zones. These RER trains also connect to metro lines, giving the visitors in Paris a complete transportation network.
- By Metro: The Métro is a fast and efficient method of transportation that can take you anywhere in Paris, and even further.
- By Bus: Despite the fact that buses in Paris are less reliable, they nonetheless provide a good service and cover a considerable portion of the city. You can take the Noctilien bus late at night.
- On Foot: If the weather is nice, you may also take a walk around the city and see a lot of it.
Where to Stay in Paris in June
Hotel costs in Paris are notoriously exorbitant, rising in lockstep with the volume of people visiting the city. You may have to lodge a little further away from the city center to stay within your budget. Here are some options to explore based on your budget:
What to eat in Paris in June
If you are not one to experiment with your food, Paris is fully capable of bringing your country’s cuisine to you. Here are some of the food items that you simply shouldn’t miss out on in Paris in June:
Bouillabaisse: Seafood fans will enjoy this fish stew made with a variety of fish and summer vegetables such as leeks, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, and onions. The bouillabaisse is a great lunch dish in June, served with a side of creamy mayonnaise dressing known as rouille.
GougèreThe gougère is the ideal side dish to accompany a glass of wine. It's a savory choux pastry that's airy and light and can be packed with anything from cheese to vegetables like mushrooms.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Paris in June
- Before going, check the dates of the Chopin Festival. If you're interested in classical music and the works of the maestro, this festival in Paris is well worth your time.
- With the approach of spring, Paris sees an inflow of visitors. Make your arrangements as soon as possible if you plan to visit Paris in June.
- If the tourist crowds in Paris become too much for you, consider exploring sights outside of the city.
- The month of June is ideal for wandering around Paris and experiencing the city on foot.
- Thunderstorms are typical in June, so plan accordingly. Use the city's covered passageways to get to your goal.
- Check the Chopin Festival dates before you go. This festival in Paris is well worth your time if you're intrigued by classical music and the maestro's works.
All Your Questions About Visiting Paris in June Answered
Yes, you can swim in temperature-controlled pools in Paris in June
Yes, there are many sunny days in Paris in June.
A robust waterproof coat should suffice on wet days. For a nocturnal stroll, a decent set of sneakers, a light night sweater, or a scarf will be useful. Because June brings scorching days with no breeze, you'll need to dress in breezy attire. If the weather changes, as it often does this month, put on a light jacket.
No, Paris in June isn’t very rainy.
Yes, Paris is somewhat expensive.
Although pickpocketing and other forms of street crime have been reported in Paris, the city is typically safe.
In June, you can see the Eiffel Tower, the Palace of Versailles, the Sainte-Chapelle, and many other Paris landmarks.
Major events in Paris in June include Paris Pride Parade, Les Extatiques Festival, and Champs-Elysées Film Festival.
The average temperature in Paris in June is between 15℃ and 22℃.
Grévin Wax Museum, Parc Asterix, and Center Pompidou are all great places for kids to see in June.
The Fête de la Musique, La Fete Foraine des Tuileries, and the renowned Summer Soldes are the primary festivals in Paris in June.
Paris Pride Parade, Les Extatiques Festival, and Champs-Elysées Film Festival are all key events in June in Paris.